We can provide personal care starting from getting up in a morning and preparing for the day such as helping with bathing, dressing undressing and all other assistance needed for preparing for the day or retiring for the night.
We aim to provide care to suit individual requirements; All care packages are customised to suit each client individually.
This service is available to:
Please give us a call on 0161-763 4228, we will carry out an assessment to look at what you can do and what you need help with. An assessment identifies your social care needs where we decide what, if any, care and support you need to help live your day to day life, as defined by the Care Act 2014. It is carried out through a meeting between yourself, a trained assessor, any relevant family members, carers or an advocate.
Pick up the phone and call our Bury office on 0161 -763 4228 for no obligation chat. A member of our friendly home care team will discuss your specific requirements with you and get to know your personality and preferences. They will provide information on the services that are available to you, as well as an outline of costs and various funding options available.
We will arrange for a Senior Member Care Staff to visit you and carry out a comprehensive assessment of your personal needs. Following this visit, a full package will be offered.
We will finalise your support plan with you and representatives, making sure you are happy with every aspect of that planning process.
We will identify suitable healthcare professionals to support you in-line with your support plan and arrange for you to meet them to ensure that all of your needs are met.
Your person centred service commences.
Care Connect Homecare services are designed to offer you, the support you need to maintain your wellbeing and to continue to live longer at home and in the community as independently as possible. We aim to provide care to suit your individual requirements; the care you need will be customised to suit your lifestyle; it can be as little or as much as you wish; the quality will not alter; it can be long term or short term, it really is up to you.
• manage your personal care, such as showering, getting dressed and help with using the toilet
• assist with medication and some low level health tasks
• keep yourself safe
• prepare a meal and drink and assisting eating and drinking
• participate in your local community
• maintain your home, such as laundry, housework and gardening
• collect your pension and shopping.
If you are already receiving care through your local council they will have carried out financial assessment for cost of your care and assigned you a personal budget. You can ask them to give your personal budget money to you in the form of a direct payment, allowing you to purchase care to meet your needs. A direct payment is paid directly to you or to your representative, preferably in the form of a pre-loaded card or into a bank account or the bank account of someone else you choose, to allow you to purchase care to meet your needs and outcomes. If you are private paying customer we will cost your care package and give you the best value for your money. Costs will be discussed with you at your Care Planning Assessments.
• ensure that staff are: welcoming, courteous, professional, make you feel safe and present themselves with I.D
• respond to your questions as quickly as possible and give you clear answers
• encourage you to do as much for yourself to maintain your independence
• work out with you how best to achieve what you want
• try to make sure you have the same set of care workers wherever possible
• ask you what you think about your home care service, so you can have a say in the service you receive